Since the middle of the year 2012, you can now have access to the custom permalink option for your blog posts on Blogger and Blogspot. A permanent link for your blog post is referred to as a “permalink.” Are you familiar with this brand-new component of Blogspot/Blogger? If that is not the case, I will explain on How to Use Automatic and Custom Permalinks?
In the past, the post permalink was extracted from the post titles using Blogspot. However, as of recently, you can modify the permalink of a post while still working within the Blogger dashboard. The URL of the post is an essential component of search engine optimisation (SEO). You all know that bots and spiders from search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Yandex look at a website and choose a term from the permalink so that that website shows up in search results.
How to create a custom permalink for a post on Blogger?
In order to create a custom permalink for a post on blogger the following steps must be followed:
- After you finish writing your post check on the right side bar you will see the permalink option as below
- when you click on that you will find two (radio button) options ‘Automatic Permalink’ and ‘Custom Permalink’
- check out the button with custom permalink where you can insert permalink manually.
- After you create a custom permalink make sure you click on done button to finish creating it.
- Make sure your keywords are separated by dash while creating a custom permalink for your post.
How to Build Custom Permalinks in WordPress?
You can simply built your custom permalink in WordPress by following the following simple steps:
- Open the permalink option in your WordPress from the admin dashboard by just clicking the setting option.
- There are number of different options for custom permalink choose any prefer.
- Scroll down and just click on the “Save changes” button.