Changing a Blogger theme can be done in 3 different ways. The most convenient method is to choose from the list of default themes provided in the dashboard of Blogger.com. You can also change the blogger template by copy-pasting the XML code and by uploading the file containing the XML code.
Before you are prepared to change the Blogger theme, you must explore the emerging and renowned themes across the world. For example- you can look for FREE and PAID themes through reliable portals like,
Developers from India, Bangladesh and Indonesia have exhibited enormous talent offering brilliant designs, awesome experiences, and limitless opportunities within the framework of Blogger.com.
Remember ! When you download the Blogger theme file, it should be the file with .xml extension.
Before you try to change your blogger theme, it is suggested to save the current template file in .xml extension. Who knows, you may lose all design with a potentially wrong move.
How to Save / Backup Blogger Template Before Working on the Theme
- Go to the Dashboard of the blog in question.
- Click ‘Theme‘.
- Click the dropdown icon located on the middle of the page.
- Click ‘Backup‘.
- Clock ‘Download‘.
The theme file (XML file) will be saved in the default download folder of your device.
Now, I am going to share 3 different methods to change the blogger template.
Method 1: Changing Blogger Template from the List of Default Themes
- On your Blogger Dashboard, select your blog, and click ‘Theme‘
- From the list of the default themes, select one of your choice.
- Click the ‘Apply Button‘.
Method 2: Changing Blogger Template by Uploading the Template File (XML document)
- Click ‘Theme‘ from the left panel of the Dashboard of the blog in question.
- Click on the dropdown icon in the middle of the theme page.
- Click on ‘Restore‘ from the dropdown menu.
- Click ‘Upload‘.
- Select the Template File (XML Document) that you have got in your device (either free or paid) and Upload it.
Method 3: Changing Blogger Theme by Editing the HTML of the Theme
- Log into the Blogger, and select your blog (if you have multiple hosted blogs).
- Click ‘Theme‘.
- Click on the ‘dropdown icon‘ located in the middle of the page.
- Click ‘Edit HTML‘.
- Now, copy the code from the XML document representing the new template that you want to install.
- Press Ctrl+A in the EDIT HTML section of Blogger Template, delete the old code.
- Press CTRL+V to put the new code in the HTML editor of Blogger Theme.
- Save the theme by clicking the save icon.
I hope that you have now learned how to change the template/theme for the blogs hosted at Blogger.com.
How to troubleshoot blogger template changes
If you run into any problems while changing your Blogger template, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure you’re using the latest version of Blogger. If you’re not, try updating and then trying again. If that doesn’t work, try clearing your browser cache and cookies. Finally, if all else fails, contact the template author or support for help. With a little troubleshooting, you should be able to get your new template up and running in no time.
If you’re using Blogger and want to change your template, it’s very easy to do. In less than five minutes, you can have a new look for your blog. Just follow the steps in this tutorial and you’ll be on your way. Thanks for reading!
I hope this tutorial was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a Question in Comment section.